We use the following settings in System Preferences on a partition dedicated to our live performance.
Point & Click
- Secondary click: On
- Force click and haptic feedback: Off
Scroll & Zoom
- Zoom in or out: Off
- Smart zoom: Off
- Rotate: Off a More Gestures
- All Off
Both in Battery and Power Adapter mode:
- Auto graphics switching: Off
- Turn display off after: all the way right, to Never
- Put hard disks to sleep when possible: Off
- Enable Power Nap: Off
- Prevent the computer from sleeping automatically when display is off: On
- Automatically show and hide dock: Off (this helps us build muscle memory)
- Magnification: Off
- Play user interface effects: Off
- Play feedback when volume is changed: Off
Desktop & Screensaver
- Solid Colors: Custom Color.. -> pure black (in case you accidentally quit Videosync when it is on an external screen)
- Start after: Never
- Hot Corners: all corners should be Off
- Displays have separate Spaces: Off.
Now log out and back in to apply the Mission Control changes. This prevents the transparent menu bar on external screens typically used for video output to the venue.
- Automatically check for updates: Off
- Disable App Nap by executing
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YESin Terminal.